You’ve spent most of your adult life raising children. Now, as your kids leave the nest, you’re beginning to take care of a senior relative – and Monitronics is on hand with a medical alert system to help you optimize your family’s support for your special senior.
Is a Personal Medical Alert System Right for My Mother or Father?
Today’s fast-paced lifestyles can make it difficult to balance the responsibilities of work and family. You want to be available for your parents, but time and distance may make this near impossible. And providing personal assistance becomes even more difficult when family members live far away. Monitronics Personal Medical Alert Systems help seniors and their families relax, by knowing that help is just a press of the button away.
- Most doctors recommend monitored personal medical alarms. The medical community knows even minor falls can have serious physical and psychological consequences if help isn’t readily available.
- A personal medical alarm system lets you live independently, in your own home. The alternatives to personal alarms are far more threatening to a cherished way of life. Moves to assisted living communities, nursing homes, or 24-hour care can be postponed or prevented entirely.
- Personal alarms are a good idea even if you don't live alone. Accidents happen – and they can happen when no one else is around. A personal medical alert system from Monitronics means someone is always available to help.
How Do I Ensure that My Elderly Parents are Safe?
At Monitronics, we share your commitment to making seniors feel independent, safe and secure at home – so we’re proud to offer older adults and their families a monitored personal alert system that works with our home security, carbon monoxide and smoke and fire alarm systems to enhance independent living.
Your Monitronics Personal Alarm System gives you and your loved one instant access to professional, caring assistance, 24/7. Monitronics and its emergency medical alert bracelets and pendants help thousands of people continue to live independently.
Fear of Falling?
- Falls are a significant health risk among seniors over the age of 65, affecting more people than stroke and heart attacks combined.
- Falls are the leading cause of death due to injury in those people 65 and over.
- About 95% of hip fractures are caused by falls – and 40% of those hospitalized for hip fracture do not return to independent living. Nearly 20% will die within a year.
- More than 50 percent of falls by seniors occur in the home – and an additional 23% occur outside but near the house.
- Seniors who fall are two to three times more likely to fall again.
- Many chronic medical conditions place seniors at risk. Cardiovascular and pulmonary disease, arthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, loss of hearing and/or vision, and Parkinson’s disease leave seniors vulnerable in their own home.
How Can a Medical Alarm System Provide Assistance?
Monitronics is a leader in customizing security systems to meet the special needs of seniors, including:
- Personal Emergency Response Systems, commonly known as PERS units, for immediate response
- Two-way Interactive Audio
- Sensors and special alerts
How Do Medical Alert Bracelets & Pendants Work?
Press the Personal Help Button on your medical alert bracelet or pendant and Monitronics’ emergency response teams goes into action. Your Personal Response team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, standing by to dispatch the care you need, when you need it.
Monitronics Personal Medical Alarm Systems not only protect life, they help preserve a precious way of life by giving seniors the ability to live in their own homes. Our medical alert systems cost little more than a dollar a day, but they provide a peace of mind and continued quality of life that is priceless.
That’s life, more secure.
How Do I Get a Monitored Medical Alert System?
It's simple. Call us at (800) 290-0709 or visit our Online Specials page. Once there, you can request a free security evaluation with a Monitronics Security Consultant, who can answer all of your questions and design a security system tailored for your home and life.