Carbon monoxide creates a silent, deadly threat
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that is very difficult to detect until people inside the house are already feeling its effects. Flu-like symptoms such as headache, dizziness or vomiting can result from a malfunctioning furnace or improperly vented appliance.
An estimated 500 Americans die each year from accidental exposure, while another 15,000 are forced to seek medical attention. The danger of carbon monoxide can’t be ignored, and live monitoring is a good way to stop it before it gets started.